Tray Baked Fish on Potatoes
1kg agria potatoes, peeled and sliced 2cm
2 tablespoons olive oil
sea salt and ground pepper
600 grams firm white fish fillets (we used snapper)
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
12 red cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup white wine
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
12 large green olives, crushed and pits removed
small handful fresh oregano, to serve (optional)
large shallow lipped baking tray, approximately 40cm x 26cm.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender then drain well. Drizzle the base of the baking tray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tip in the potatoes and spread evenly. Don’t worry if some of them break up.
3. Cut the fish fillets into shorter pieces, season both sides and place over the potatoes.
4. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl, season generously then spoon over the fish and potatoes.
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish.
Rest the fish for 5 minutes when it comes out of the oven so the potatoes can absorb some of the lovely pan juices. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and top with oregano, if desired.